LVI are seeking a Licensed Forensic Structural Engineer to join an industry-leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm. The company specializes in forensic structural engineering, building envelope diagnostics and repair and restoration on complex, large loss projects. They have an award winning company culture, and are looking to add career driven and ambitious engineers in multiple locations across the Carolina's.
The role will consist of performing forensic engineering work for clients across the eastern seaboard, as well as surrounding states. The successful candidate will be expected to evaluate the cause of failure, extent of damage and provide design drawings for repair and restoration in a variety of different building type, from multifamily residential to high rise commercial.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Project management, including developing project scope, assembling and managing appropriate project teams, maintaining project schedules and budgets, and managing client expectations and deliverables
- On-site investigation, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, performance evaluation and field testing, and collecting data and samples
- Forensic investigations to determine the cause and origin of structural failure, both storm damage assessments and construction design defects
- Preparation of project deliverable, including but not limited to: proposals, analysis results, repair alternates, construction drawings, specifications, and technical reports
- Contributions to company-wide objectives through mentoring, participation in office and company development initiatives, participation with in-house Technical Resource Groups (TRGs), involvement in professional organisations, and business development to attract new and repeat clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering essential
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- P.E. license in the state of North Carolina
- Relevant Experience can be in Litigation/ forensics experience and attorney/insurance client relationships.
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication including strong people management skills and customer service focused.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong customer service focus
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans at LVI Associates on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities!