The client is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to support our solar and battery storage project financing activities. The Associate will be a critical member of deal teams, with primary focus on being accountable for the financial modeling of our transactions, engaging and negotiating with capital providers, and playing a lead role in coordinating the presentation of proposed transactions to the client's Investment Committee and other company executives. This position additionally plays a critical project management role for our projects in the months approaching financial close. Associates own the project budget and schedule for our assets as they near completion of development, and are charged with ensuring the client's project development, engineering, O&M and other teams are coordinated in advancing the progress of our projects through financial close and the completion of project construction.
We are a lean team with a flat culture so the associate will have the opportunity to learn new skills, gain deep exposure to multiple facets of a growing industry, rapidly develop their career, and earn highly competitive pay. This position is based in San Francisco.
At this role you will be responsible for...
- Analyzing solar project investment opportunities utilizing traditional economic criteria such as unlevered and levered investment returns and understanding specific inputs or levers that are the key value drivers on the valuation of energy/infrastructure projects.
- Preparing and own all aspects of the financial models for teh client's project financing transactions, inclusive of portfolios of community solar projects through solar and storage projects at the multiple hundreds of megawatts scale
- Serving as the quarterback of project execution, leading weekly cross functional meetings for each of the projects the Associate is staffed on, with specific focus on maintaining the project timeline and evaluating key risks that could lead to delays
- Creating presentations and other materials for key stakeholders including executive management and external financing parties.
- Managing internal and external project diligence and transaction timelines.
- Mentoring and provide guidance to analysts on the team
- Working closely with the client's Capital Markets & M&A functions to review and execute on new corporate financing and project M&A opportunities for the company
- Working independently as well as collaboratively with various internal subject matter experts to manage substantive issues around tax, accounting, financing, structuring, and legal considerations impacting transactions in solar and battery storage project finance
The team is a lean team with a flat culture so the associate will have the opportunity to learn new skills, gain deep exposure to multiple facets of a growing industry, rapidly develop their career, and earn highly competitive pay. This position is based in San Francisco.
Please do reach out with any questions or concerns and we look forward to saving the world together.