Our client is currently seeking an experienced substation engineer to join their Michigan based project engineering team. Exciting opportunity to be part of a collaborative team which currently delivers top end design solutions for utility & renewable energy substations throughout the Midwest and United States. Full-time remote work available.
- Lead design and planning efforts of 12-345kV substation utility projects.
- Review electrical engineering design included but not limited to grounding plans, raceway plans, and electrical plans.
- Provide mentorship and oversight to junior level engineers.
- Serve as liaison for other engineering divisions including civil engineering, SCADA, automation, and construction groups.
- Demonstrate understanding of substation switch yards, house transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
- Serve as POC with key utility clients - small to large - across the Midwest.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4-12 years of engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or relative degree.
- Previous experience working directly for a utility AND/OR US based engineering firm.
- EIT or PE License preferred.