A well secrured/family-type Heavy Civil construction firm is currently looking for a Superintendent with strong concrete, utilities, water/wastewater, and heavy civil background.
- Hiring and training of craft personnel
- Scheduling and directing work crews
- Preparing work plans and Hazard analysis for the work
- Assuring quality control
- Managing and tracking cost
- Scheduling equipment and subcontractors
- Administering safety programs
- Maintaining good owner relations
- Supervise construction projects
- Perform daily inspections of work performed
- Minimum of 3 years' experience managing construction crews
- Must have experience overseeing self performed construction work. Not as a Construction Manager.
- Must have experience working in an urban environment with existing utilities.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of construction and engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Must be able to adapt to new surroundings and with new people.
- Must be prepared to attend meetings with customers and owners/general contractors.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills.