A heavy civil firm in Oregon is looking for someone that can handle earth work and highway work. Projects up to $60 million dollars and the ability to work around the metro Portland area. Below is a further description and qualification:
- Responsible for supervising multiple dirt crews across projects
- Responsible for all grading and earthwork related activities, including subcontractors, ensuring contractual compliance to plans and specs.
- Plan work methods, materials, equipment needs and work schedule for dirt operations.
- Review and understand the projects' plans and specifications to support job set up activities.
- Strong adherence and promotion to OSHA and Company Safety Policies.
- Document daily field activities and provide technical input to identify and resolve project risks.
- Determine crew structure for optimal performance on projects.
- Present production work plan to project crews.
- Responsible for ordering and coordinating equipment and materials to complete production on budget and schedule.
- Responsible for coordinating proper inspections and testing for assigned scopes of work.
- Responsible for coordinating resources for project closeout activities.
- 12+ years of heavy civil experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a superintendent.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communications skills in English is required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site safety protocols and proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract specific plans and specifications.