As a Supervising Plumbing Design Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects, from small to large, in a wide range of market segments and project types, providing a high level of technical leadership in plumbing design. This role will supervise and take a leadership role in coordination meetings and represent the Firm in all interactions with clients, contractors, architects and other project team members.
- Prepare calculations, reports, and specifications
- Perform system selection, prepare preliminary designs, and create performance specifications
- Supervise and consult with others on the preparation of reports and analysis of system options and conditions
- Produce drawings consistent with client requirements and standards
- Maintain interdisciplinary coordination with other trades and project consultants
- Take responsible charge for the project for the plumbing discipline
- Participate in plumbing trade organizations
- Participate in QA/QC process of completed work by staff
- Mentoring and training junior staff and production resources
- Participate in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
- Manage Construction Administrative duties, such as field reports, responses to RFIs, processing Bulletins and Addenda, etc.
In addition to your engineering experience, to succeed in this role, you will need a solid knowledge of systems design for various projects with the ability to communicate design concepts via sketches and renderings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering; exceptional candidates may substitute with significant years of experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in the plumbing design field working in markets such as Commercial, Healthcare, and Aviation projects
- Experience with latest version of AutoCAD-MEP, and REVIT
- Solid knowledge of Plumbing design and construction standards, building codes, and drawings / documents
- Detailed knowledge of equipment from various manufacturers and the ability to make proper selections independently
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) Certification is preferred
- Extensive experience in hospital plumbing systems design a plus