About The Firm: A leading land surveying and geospatial solutions firm dedicated to delivering accurate and reliable surveying services to their clients. With a strong commitment to innovation, precision, and client satisfaction, they have established a reputation for excellence in the industry. Actively seeking a highly skilled and experienced Land Surveying Manager to lead our surveying team and uphold our standards of excellence.
Position Overview: As the Land Surveying Department Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing all aspects of land surveying projects. You will lead a team of skilled surveyors and technicians, ensuring that the clients receive high-quality surveying services on time and within budget. Your expertise in surveying methods, technology, and project management will be essential in maintaining our reputation for accuracy and reliability. Must be able and willing to do both technical and business development functions to the role.
- Manage and lead a team of surveyors, technicians, and support staff.
- Plan and coordinate land surveying projects, including boundary surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking.
- Conduct research and analysis to determine project requirements and land use regulations.
- Oversee the acquisition and maintenance of surveying equipment and technology.
- Review and approve surveying data, reports, and deliverables for accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with clients, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure project objectives are met.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, safety regulations, and quality control measures.
- Mentor and train staff members to enhance their surveying skills and knowledge.
- Stay current with advancements in surveying technology and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in surveying, geomatics, or a related field
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license or equivalent certification.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in land surveying, with 4+ years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Proficiency in surveying software, GPS technology, and CAD software.
- Strong knowledge of surveying methods, legal principles, and land use regulations.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Effective communication and leadership abilities.
- Commitment to safety, accuracy, and quality.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions and travel as needed.