Exciting opportunity for an experienced Client Service Manager/Project Manager who will have an essential role in the Florida Gulf Coast water resources business and client connections, based in the Tampa office.
This is a highly strategic position for someone who takes pride in exceptional client service, and positive results for our environment and clients.
- Develops high-value client relationships and cultivates client service teams to support understanding and delivering on client needs and expectations.
- Creates client engagement strategies and pursuit plans, actively leading in key opportunity proposal strategy, positioning, teaming, messaging and interview development.
- Serves as project manager or senior technical resource for key clients. Manage multi-disciplinary resources to deliver projects on schedule and budget and according to client critical success factors.
- Ensures quality client services, clarity on work products, and delivery of high-quality services within budget and schedule constraints.
- Leverages resources, experience and skills of the firm to support client goals.
Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in related engineering field (Civil, Environmental etc.) required; M.S. degree in related engineering field with a focus on wastewater and water services.
- Professional Engineer registration in the State of Florida.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in consulting and engineering services in the environmental sector with progressive responsibilities including business development and project delivery especially for water and wastewater municipal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, lead strong project teams meeting project requirements, and provide strong business growth results in management roles.
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects and delivering on time and on budget while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Proven understanding of environmental and regulatory drivers for clients and projects.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resources allocation, leadership techniques and coordination of people and resources.