LVI Associates is proud to be working alongside a mid-sized engineering firm that specializes in multiple disciplines of forensic engineering. They solely focus on complex, large loss projects and having had a record-breaking year in terms of company revenue, and having recently acquired private equity backing, they are well poised to action their exciting growth strategy. The ethos of this firm is centred around the personal development and job satisfaction of their engineers- be it flexibility around working from home and a work-life balance that suits the individual, or training courses to develop existing and new skill-sets, this company fully invests in each and and every engineer. They are currently looking for a Technical Director to come in and execute the vast backlog of work they has in Texas.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor of science in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering
- PE license required
- 10+ year's experience in engineering
- 3+ year's experience in Forensics - Structural design, investigation, and construction defect experience.
- Experience in rehabilitation of structures
- Project Management experience: Covering a variety of multifamily and commercial structures.
- Expert witness and litigation experience desired
Responsibilities for the role:
- Conduct forensic investigations on multifamily and high rise commercial buildings to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures for insurance companies, attorneys, private homeowners and property owners.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damage, hurricanes, and floods.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Provide repair recommendations for failed structures
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required time-frames.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time-lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Experience with premises and walking surface investigations, product defect cases a plus.
Do you feel as though this particular does not role fit with your experience, but are still interested in progressing you career with other opportunities? Connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn and send your resume over to discuss other options!