- Assist with the design of the physical infrastructure required for various communications systems.
- Perform site surveys.
- Attend project meetings.
- Document client/project requirements and record meeting notes.
- Work with other project team members and disciplines to coordinate system design requirements.
- Develop CAD drawings to include floor plans, details, elevations, logical/signal flow diagrams and risers for construction drawings.
- Develop and edit Division 27 specifications. Familiarity with Federal design standards required.
- Assist with the development of cost estimates for communication infrastructure and systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications/Computer Science or 4 years of practical field experience.
- 3 years minimum design experience as a BICSI RCDD or AVIXA CTS-D. (Licensed Professional Engineer desirable)
- Technical knowledge of current telecommunications cabling infrastructures (copper & fiber optic).
- Technical knowledge of current audiovisual presentation, conferencing, display, and sound systems.
- Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD and or Revit) Experience with Microstation a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- U.S. Citizenship and possession of, or ability to obtain, Top Secret security clearance required
- Willingness to take part in light travel