The Technology leader is the face of the technology practice for the company. The technology leader is responsible for the master planning and direction of each project. The first phase of each project involves translating client requirements into non-technical program documents identifying locations and use cases of system. The next phase involves translating the program requirements into construction drawings and specifications. Each project design includes floor plan drawings, wiring schematics, elevations, and details to describe a fully functional system. The technology leader will lead the department and provide functional and technical leadership to all members of the technology discipline.
The technology leader will find and oversee on a variety of project types within the construction industry. Projects will include new building construction and existing building renovations of commercial, retail, residential, hotel, education, and hospital properties.
The technology leader will be a technologist and with functional knowledge in Structured Cabling, Networking, Wi-Fi, Security Systems, Audiovisual Systems, and/or Smart Buildings.
- Develop new business through MEP and directly to Architects and End Users
- Prepare proposals and pricing estimates
- Meet with clients to review requirements and translate into non-technical terminology
- Make recommendations to clients based upon industry best practices
- Perform site reviews with end users and report on high-level progress and direction
- Functional leader of department - performance reviews of all department members
- Coordination of standards and best practices with other department leaders
- Partner with industry vendors and suppliers through the construction process
To succeed in this role, you need to meet the following basic requirements:
- RCDD, PSP, and/or CTS credential
- Operational leader with project management experience and PMI PMP certification preferred
- Ability to give clear verbal and written direction
- Polished and client facing demeanor representing as an expert in technology
- Keeping up with latest Technology
- Eager to share knowledge
- 10+ years' experience