A local engineering and consulting firm in the Pacific Northwest is seeking a Traffic Analysis Engineer to join their team in the offices of Portland, Oregon; Vancouver, Washington; and Seattle, Washington. This position is open to both experienced engineers and entry-level graduates interested in traffic analysis and transportation planning, provided they hold a Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or a related field.
The role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities, including project design and development, starting from conceptual planning, advancing through analyses, and culminating in design and construction approvals. As a Traffic Analysis Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, which may include impact analysis, transportation modeling, and area/corridor conceptual planning.
- Educational Background: Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or a related field.
- Experience: 0 - 10+ years of relevant experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning.
- Software Proficiency: Proficiency with Synchro/SimTraffic and HCS software is required.
- Regulatory Knowledge: Familiarity with the Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO, and MUTCD.
- Software Knowledge (Plus): Knowledge of Autocad, SIDRA, and PTV software studio is a plus.
- Licensure: Licensure in Oregon or Washington is required, or the ability to obtain licensure within 3 months is preferred, but not required
- Project Development: Design and develop projects from initial conceptual planning to comprehensive analyses and design and construction approvals.
- Project Diversity: Work on a wide variety of project types, including impact analysis, transportation modeling, and area/corridor conceptual planning.
- Software Utilization: Utilize Synchro/SimTraffic and HCS software to analyze and model traffic scenarios.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with the Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO, and MUTCD in all traffic engineering work.
- Additional Software Tools (Plus): Utilize Autocad, SIDRA, and PTV software studio as needed.
- Licensure Maintenance: Maintain professional licensure in Oregon or Washington, ensuring adherence to relevant regulations and standards.
- Collaborative Teamwork: Work collaboratively with our team to meet project objectives and deliver high-quality traffic engineering solutions.
Salary is dependent on candidates individual experience*