One of the top Transportation Engineering firms in Indianapolis are seeking a Traffic Department Lead in to help drive strategy for the group coupled with managing profitability and revenue of a key vertical for the company.
The Traffic Department Lead will be responsible for leading an established, statewide practice supporting clients (public & private) as well as representing the company directly in regards to project pursuits.
This individual will have the opportunity to join a group that works on some of the most unique transportation projects that exist as well as have direct input on the long term company strategy and vision.
The responsibilities of the Traffic Director will include:
* Demonstrated skills in working and driving Traffic Engineering (or components of including design, ops, as well as analysis) and budgets to meet time and resource requirements
* Strong oral and written communication skills, report writing, development of proposals
* Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with a specific focus on project pursuits and acquisition
* Driving a healthy work/life balance for themselves as well as colleagues
* A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline-driven team environment
* Quality and productivity in the execution of duties and responsibilities as outlined above
* Effective collaboration skills and sharing project work across offices
* Developing and reviewing designs by engineers prior to final submittal to client
The Qualified Traffic Director will possess the following Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Civil Preferred)
* Indiana PE (PTOE & INDOT Certifications preferred)
* 10 years experience with design & management tied to traffic engineering projects
* Successful track record of design work tied to traffic engineering practices
* Prior experience working with public and private entities on transportation projects
* Knowledge of the market for consulting services