The skill set required of this partner must include all of the following:
- Be dynamic, a self-starter and self-motivated, eager to own his/her business in the engineering consultancy arena, and prepared to commit to that business
- Be technically proficient and with excellent people skills, the ability to generate fees, and the ability to manage clients' expectations and projects
- Be able to fund yourself (nothing else), probably for around 6 months, while the business is established. This is not an employment opportunity, but an opportunity to start, manage and share profits from a business.
The Sydney practice will be under-pinned by the Melbourne practice, which will provide a suite of services to the new business including the following:
- An impressive stable of industry-based connections in Sydney, from which to launch the Sydney business
- A complete infrastructure based in Melbourne from which the Sydney business will draw, including technical & support staff, full procedures & processes, all necessary software, industry connections, compliance issues, financial management, etc.
- The immediate ability for the Sydney business to contract to Melbourne for work while the Sydney business is being established
- An established (shared) office in Sydney (Alexandria) complete with a number of consultants from allied industries, and a good referral base.