Lead Traffic Engineer
An employee owned firm is seeking a skilled engineer to join the team as they continue to expand their footprint across the state. This engineer will have the ability be lead on traffic schematic projects and support ongoing projects. The firm has also seen their team continue to produce and a work from home flexibility option is being developed for all current and new team members.
The Lead will be responsible for:
- Developing, preparing, and approving designs for mid to large size projects
- Providing technical expertise and advisement to both internal and external stakeholders
- Attending interviews with public entities for project proposals and ongoing project updates
- Mentoring and guiding the work of EITs and Technicians
- Ensuring all projects are in compliance with deadlines and standards implemented by regulatory groups are met
The properly qualified candidate will possess the following:
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Virginia PE (or ability to obtain in 6 months)
- 10+ years' experience across design and planning traditional schematic and traffic
- Proven track record of project success with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Proficiency in any of the following: Synchro, Vissim, AutoCAD, HCS
The selected candidate will have the ability to enroll in an ESOP plan that will continually grow as they build tenure with the company and be able to provide input on company direction and strategy.