I am working with a leading Renewable Developer who is looking for an Associate, Transmission & Interconnection Engineer. In this position, you would play a role in supporting generation interconnection and transmission strategy for this firms ~30 GW of solar, wind and battery storage pipeline in multiple states in the US.
Here's a brief idea of what the job responsibilities look like:
- Load flow modeling and analyses, develop and validate models (GE PSLF, PSSE, TARA, PowerWorld, ASPEN, PSCAD, etc.) for generation interconnection applications and packages.
- Coordinate, review, and interpret interconnection and transmission studies (short circuit, transient stability, and load flow) performed by utilities and outside consultant
- Provide technical support for project development and acquisition activities in the evaluation of transmission system issues within the various ISOs/RTOs and transmission planning regions
The preferred candidate will have some level of experience with the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in transmission planning or generation interconnection at a utility, RTO/ISO, generation developer or an energy consulting firm
- Demonstrated experience in simulation tools such as GE PSLF, PowerGEM TARA, PSSE or PowerWorld
This is a hybrid role with offices in the following locations:
- Northern California
- Southern California
- Houston, Texas