The Project Manager is primarily responsible for estimating, scheduling, procurement, and project management of master service agreements and site specific projects for distribution and transmission construction across a mix of customers. The Project Manager must drive various customer-specific and internal projects to completion, help the pperations group to create value through analyzing the project results, and help develop the business decisions that result from the projects. The Project Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, while ensuring field operations are supplied with pertinent contractual information necessary to perform all work per specifications in a safe, cost effective, and timely manner. The Project Manager is expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
- Management of Projects and master service agreements in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
- Management of the client, ensuring effective business relationships are in place.
- All aspects of contract negotiation, change order identification, submittal and approval, and establishing the means to execute the contract
- Management of subcontractors and material procurement.
- Develop thorough estimates and proposals for site-specific projects and master service agreements.
- Lead effective meetings, including contract negotiations, contract kickoff meetings, progress meetings, and safety meetings.
- Direct project supervision and project work flow.
- Maintain proper levels of quality control, meet all project schedules, and ensure an efficient utilization of resources.
- Maintain effective change control and risk management processes.
- Communicate project status to management and to the client.
- Maintain working knowledge of utility company policy and procedures in order to communicate effectively with various professional staffs from client companies.
- Be held accountable for maintaining all confidences regarding highly sensitive and proprietary information.
- Manage/develop models for reporting monthly KPIs and information flow into operational and financial performance reports.
- Interact with other members of the Finance and Operations group to lead analysis of information in preparation of monthly leadership reports.
- Support members of the Finance and Operations group to aide understanding and articulation of business drivers and performance.
- Proactively participate in meetings with client construction supervisors and obtain the necessary technical, financial, and operational inputs for appropriate reporting.
- Management and support of emergency and storm restoration events.
- Bi-Lingual (preferred)
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members
- Must have valid driver license
- Job will involve approximately 30% travel (mostly local)
- Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency
- Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices
- Demonstrated skills in oral communications; ability to make presentations to both small and large, diverse groups
- High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with a bias for action
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Working knowledge of the techniques needed to lead and influence others in a matrix organization
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Detailed knowledge of project management fundamentals
- Financial studies and knowledge of the electricity and electrical construction market preferred
- 4-year college degree preferably in operations, project management, construction management, or business management
- 3-5 years of Project Management experience preferred
- Experience in project structuring
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, including financial statement interpretation
- General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms