We are looking for a Transmission Planning Engineer looking to take their career to the next level! The primary duties of this role are performing generation interconnections and transmission service related studies in compliance with NERC standards and generation interconnection processes and transmission planning protocols.
We are looking for an engineer with:
- Bachelor's of Science in electrical engineering from an Accreditation Board of Engineers & Technology (ABET) accredited school required; power emphasis preferred
- 3+ years of transmission planning experience
- An understanding of transmission planning process, reliability standards, substation design, transmission line design and protective relaying
- Good communication and analytical skills as well as reading comprehension and writing abilities
- US Citizen or green card holder
Primary duties of the role are:
- To evaluate, select and apply transmission planning techniques and criteria to generator interconnections and transmission service requests
- Perform transmission studies as part of the Transmission Service Request process
- Be the subject matter expert and key contact in areas of transmission system design, seam issues and technical engineering matters.
Does this role fit your background?