- Bachelor's degree in the Civil engineering field.
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of design and management experience required of large interstate/roadway transportation projects.
- Microsoft Excel, Office, and various engineering software systems depending on discipline.
- AutoCAD; MicroStation/GEOPAK and In Roads.
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in Georgia or ability to obtain within six months.
- Established working relationship and credibility with GDOT roadway design staff.
- SCDOT plan preparation requirements for roadway projects.
- Strong experience with interstate/roadway design process through application of GDOT Roadway Design Manual requirements.
- Strong background in the design of large transportation projects for GDOT and other local transportation agencies.
- Traffic Control/MOT for phased interstate construction.
- Interchange layout design experience including diverging diamond, fully directional fly-over ramps and other conventional interchange configurations.
- GDOT drainage design, best practices & specifications is a plus.
- Design-Build experience is a plus.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for overall Project Management, supervision and quality of those projects which are assigned to them.
2. Assures that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client.
3. Assures that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
4. Controls project plan by approving design, specifications, plans, and schedules changes.
5. Responsible for client satisfaction.
6. Assist the Area Manager and Managing Principals in the implementation of the marketing plan and business development goals established for the office.
7. Serves as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
8. Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purposes of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
9. Provide team leadership. Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a staff of engineers and technicians.
10. Responsible for finding work for team members in order for team to meet utilization goals.
11. Evaluates progress of the staff and results obtained and recommend changes to achieve overall objectives.
12. Maintains project staff job results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
13. Mentors other employees.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
15. Relays company goals and direction to team members.
16. Primary contact for employee problems.
17. Initiates and maintains extensive contracts with key people to other organizations.