Transportation Practice Leader
A nationally ranked firm is looking for a Practice Leader in the state of Texas to grow the Transportation practice. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and active leadership qualities with a capacity to be the face of the company for Texas Transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven ability to represent the firm on large projects across the state to clients including TxDOT, municipalities, and Private groups.
- Manage Transportation projects from inception through delivery ensuring completion of the project objectives on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Prepare, manage and review project deliverables including but not limited to: planning, design and construction documents, project reports, environmental studies, cost estimates, scopes of work, and proposals
- Ensuring quality requirements, professional standards, client requirements and corporate objectives are met
- Provide coordination with other design disciplines and remote office locations, including: Planning, Environmental, Roadway, Structures, Hydraulics/Drainage, Transit, Aviation and Traffic
- Demonstrated skills in working on design-build and/or Design-Bid-Build projects within the state
- Developing and reviewing designs prior to final submittal
- Strong oral and written communication skills, report writing, development of proposals
- Driving a healthy work/life balance for themselves as well as colleagues
- Effective collaboration skills and sharing project work across offices
- Strategize development of new business with new and existing clients
- Attract new clients, ensure customer satisfaction and build strong market relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in transportation and infrastructure projects
- 5+ years as a Project Manager leading, managing and mentoring teams of civil engineers and technicians on large transportation design projects (highway, roadway, drainage and traffic)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Texas
The selected candidate will have the ability to progress in a firm that works on large and complex projects and has a focus on work-life balance. Please apply directly.