Hiring: Urban Design Director
We are working closely with an established multidisciplinary urban development firm with offices across the East Coast of Australia. Due to recent success, the company is looking to bring on board an experienced Urban Designer with strong client management and business development expertise as a Director. The firm has a team of skilled urban designers that work with complementary disciplines such as landscape architects, planners, and economists.
- Go-to contact for a wide range of national projects focusing on urban design for key clients and stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, authorities, distribution agents and sub-consultants.
- Actively participating in business development, industry engagement and project proposals.
- Project managing and leading a team of urban designers including delegating, supervising, and reviewing work.
- Providing mentorship, support, and guidance to junior urban designers.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 10+ years in the field of master planning, urban design, or relevant industry experience in the NSW market.
- Strong network within the NSW and Australian urban development industry.
- Commercial and client success-driven mindset.
- Extensive leadership, problem-solving, organisation and time-management skills.
- Strong internal & external stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Proficient in key design software including CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp etc.
If you are interested, please apply with your updated CV.