We are seeking a skilled project manager for water utilities and pipeline construction projects to join our team in North Texas. As a project manager on these projects, you will play a vital role in overseeing the successful execution of projects from start to finish. Your expertise in project planning, resource management, and construction techniques will be instrumental in ensuring the timely and efficient delivery of high-quality projects. Listed below are the job requirements and responsibilities for this project manager position.
- Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, specifically in utility and pipeline construction projects.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal regulations related to wet utility and pipeline construction.
- Relevant degrees/coursework are recommended but not required.
- Strong understanding of utility and pipeline construction methods, techniques, and best practices.
- Proficient in using project management software and tools.
- Knowledge of construction materials, equipment, and safety standards.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and blueprints.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities to oversee project teams and subcontractors.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders, clients, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to provide clear instructions, delegate tasks, and motivate team members.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills to address project challenges.
- Proven track record of successfully managing wet utility and pipeline construction projects from initiation to completion.
- Ability to develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and resources.
- Experience in risk management, including identifying potential risks, developing mitigation strategies, and monitoring risk throughout the project lifecycle.
- Proficiency in contract administration, including negotiating and managing subcontractor agreements and change orders.
- Strong commitment to ensuring quality standards and compliance with safety regulations on construction sites.
- Knowledge of quality control procedures and ability to implement them effectively.
- Familiarity with environmental regulations and best practices in wet utility and pipeline construction.
- Project Planning:
- Develop project plans, including defining project objectives, scope, deliverables, and timelines.
- Coordinate with estimators and stakeholders to understand project requirements and ensure alignment with client expectations.
- Conduct feasibility studies, site evaluations, and risk assessments.
- Allocate project resources, including labor, equipment, and materials, to ensure efficient project execution.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to source and manage subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monitor resource utilization and make adjustments as necessary to maintain project schedule and budget.
- Oversee all aspects of project execution, including construction activities, subcontractor management, and quality control.
- Conduct regular site visits to monitor progress, identify issues, and provide guidance to the project team.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and promote a safe working environment.
- Maintain accurate project documentation, including contracts, change orders, daily logs, and project correspondence.
- Prepare and submit project-related reports, such as progress reports, financial reports, and closeout documentation.
- Ensure proper record-keeping for future reference and compliance purposes.
- Conduct project closeout activities, including final inspections, punch-list management, and client acceptance.
- Facilitate the handover of project deliverables to clients and ensure all necessary documentation is provided.
- Evaluate project performance, identify lessons learned, and implement improvements for future projects.
If you would like to apply for this position, please reach out to Colin McConkey at (469) 749-7544.