The Vice President of Engineering will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee activities in the Engineering Department, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems.
- Experience with developing new clients, with an existing client following a plus.
- Preparing project plans, project budgets, and technical write-ups for proposals.
- Adept at client presentations and maintaining client relationships.
- Overseeing min. of 5-6 engineers and multiple projects simultaneously
- Meeting with clients and educating them on design options for each project
- Interfacing with discipline leads to set design direction on projects
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the Company's engineering and development initiatives
- Collaborates with the Company's executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making
- Interpretation of building codes and local regulations
- Aid in RFI's and construction meetings to solve problems in the field
- Self-motivated with strong drive and proven track record of success.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MA PE License Required. Other NE States highly desirable.
- Min. 15-20+ years of relevant HVAC/Design/Management experience
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work on several projects at once
- Strategic and Annual Operation Planning experience
- Extensive knowledge of engineering principles and procedures
- Capable of providing technical direction and on-the-job training to less experienced designers.