The PM is responsible for the successful management of assigned projects of increasing scale. He/she will plan, execute and deliver profitable projects that meet or exceed client expectations within the time and resources allocated. In many cases, the PM will be responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous projects from concept through delivery. The PM is responsible for maintaining superior relationships with each of his/her clients. In addition, the PE/PM contributes to the company's growth by leveraging existing relationships to identify, pursue and win new projects for the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Project Management
- Estimates hours, drafts a budget and defines the project understanding to build the scope and contract.
- Builds and manages the Project Plan that includes phases, tasks, timelines, contingencies and description of critical paths.
- Oversees the technical direction and manages resources to meet or exceed the budget and schedule.
- Conducts kickoff and regular project meetings where the schedule, project plan, and client expectations are regularly discussed to ensure delivery stays on track to meet client expectations.
- Initiates changes in scope, addendum's and change orders necessary to ensure financial performance of projects under management.
- Identifies client needs and meets the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Recommends additional business solutions to meet a client's current and/or future needs.
- Interacts independently with technical and mid-level staff and supports Senior Project Managers and other senior staff in the execution of client management plans.
- Manage client expectations with design team maintaining project focus and customer satisfaction.
- Provides information to help build the proposal. Tracks the release of the RFP from client.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales targets by successfully pursuing and winning projects from existing clients. Utilizes targeted marketing efforts to win new business.
- May act as pursuit lead for projects, and generally supports others in major and strategic pursuits.
- Leads the proposal development and interview preparation phases to win assigned pursuits. Coordinates the creation of proposal/pursuit information with business line and marketing staff
- Identifies the time and resources needed to deliver the project and builds an effective team.
- Manages projects by assigning tasks and closely monitoring progress against task budget and dates. Holds team members accountable for achieving the desired result on a project.
- Ability to manage multi-discipline staff to the successful completion of a project.
- Leads Project Team Meetings and distributes meeting minutes to team members and the client as appropriate.
- Resolves conflicts by ensuring they are addressed immediately and in the appropriate manner. Uses interpersonal skills to diffuse issues between team members.
- Monitors and resolves such issues as scope creep, cost overruns, change orders, and delays.
- Develops and maintains a Trend Report that clearly identifies issues, expected project impacts and develops solutions to the issue.
- Ensures the client is billed according to the contract schedule.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline.
- Preferred direct experience in wastewater but water experience will be considered
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in the state in which we conduct business.
- Has worked for 3-5 years as a P.E., with compensation based on experience.
- Has demonstrated that they can work 3 or more projects at one time.
- Has managed various Engineering projects, each generally worth a minimum $50,000.00 in design fees, and collectively resulting in revenue managed of at least $300,000 per year.
- Ability to sell work to existing clients with demonstrated history of progressive sales development.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus by obtaining renewal of existing work and cross selling additional consulting services.
- Has established competency of multi-discipline project needs with individual experience.
- Has a history of successfully completing complex projects for small and/or large client bases.
- Has been involved in one or more industry associations or groups, focusing on the regional or local level
Certificates and Licenses
Must possess a valid state driver's license and must be able to drive a vehicle.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Must be capable of carrying up to 40 pounds of equipment over all types of terrain and in all types of weather conditions. Must be able to transverse on all types of project sites including industrial, commercial, and undeveloped ground.
Must be willing to travel on short- or long-term assignments at client locations to complete assigned work. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, PTO, bereavement leave, 401(k) with company matching, long term disability and short-term disability, and paid parental leave.
We also offer tuition reimbursement, professional license & registration reimbursement, professional development, employee assistance program and paid time off to volunteer.