We are seeking an experienced water industry professional to build and lead our Georgia Water Services Team. The successful candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to help us grow our in the Southeast.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the hands-on management of exciting water and wastewater projects through all phases of delivery. With an opportunity to join an established engineering consulting firm that is rapidly growing in the Southeast market, the successful candidate will help develop and lead diverse and custom water and wastewater projects, build and maintain outstanding client relationships, participate in industry activities and events, and learn and mentor as part of a growing full services team. Specifically, responsibilities will include a variety of projects related to:
The ideal candidate will have the passion to build a water business in Georgia and Metro Atlanta. The candidate should have strong existing client relationships and a vision to increase the size of that network. The ideal candidate already has a network of clients throughout the region and a portfolio of experience.
Responsibilities will vary in relative volume, and change over time, but will generally include:
- Lead business development activities including direct client interaction and engagement
- Develop a business/financial plan for the Georgia and Metro Atlanta Water Services market.
- Work with the proposal team to lead the pursuit capture of top line revenue generating projects.
- Oversee the hiring of a team of Project Managers to assist in the execution of the Business plan.
- Oversee the delivery of the projects while focused on risk management and profitability.
- Additionally, the candidate should have the technical competencies to serve as a project leader and technical advisor on water and wastewater projects.
- The ability and desire to not only develop new and existing clients, but to build a Water Business Line practice, growing resources to open and manage a new office
- Bachelor degree in civil, biological, or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 8 or more years of similar technical experience in the water sector with no less than three years of experience in project/team leadership
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Georgia.
- Previous experience having been in responsible charge of designs, including detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater collection, distribution, pumping, and/or treatment projects
- Strong understanding of the multi-disciplined practices (i.e. process, surveying, geotechnical, structural, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and control) required for the implementation of water and wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Outlook