Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following::
- Experience or familiarity with HeavyBid or HCSS or comparable estimating software is a plus.
- Oversee and assist the estimation team with bids.
- Familiarity with mechanical design assumptions and calculations and prepares equipment/material specifications to meet all requirements.
- Ability to assist/collaborate with project management team to help preconstruction lead into construction phase.
- Control expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
- Act as technical expert for the company for both internal and external customers.
- Establish long-term, ongoing repeat relationships by making regular account / sales calls and follow up on leads.
- Act to close deals & finalize project scope of work.
- Other miscellaneous mechanical project management, estimating, and engineering duties as assigned.
Technical skills & attributes required:
- Ability to work with project owners to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status.
- Experience in the understanding of municipal mechanical systems, small industrial plants, central chilled water and heating plants, water pumping stations and wastewater treatment plants.
- Familiarity with the AE design process and specifications leading to construction documents.
- Strong estimating skills.
- Good problem finding and solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.