We are looking for a Water Resources Engineer to join our team and improve infrastructure in our Columbus/Cincinnati offices. Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, and seven to fifteen years of related experience. Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills will be essential. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work well with others. A flexible hybrid-remote work schedule is available after 90 days of employment. Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support to the planning, design and construction on various wet weather projects that may include combined/sanitary sewer overflow, collection system, pump station, wastewater treatment plant, water, stormwater, green infrastructure, hydrologic and hydraulic models and/or other projects
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic evaluations of collection systems and open channels models.
- Perform GIS analysis to support planning, design, and construction projects
- Prepare engineering calculations and supporting analysis of alternatives
- Prepare and evaluate wet weather control alternatives
- Prepare design reports and construction plans using local and state standards
- Review plans and specifications
- Prepare preliminary project cost estimates and evaluate quantities
- Assist with/review scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks
- Document design changes and communications
- Conduct on-site inspections as needed
- Assist Project Managers
- Attend client, public, project and staff meetings including client progress, plan review, pre-construction, etc.
- Maintain excellent client relations
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
- 7 - 15 years of related experience required
We are committed to maximizing the value of infrastructure investments. We've been solving complex engineering challenges for nearly a century. We customize our work approach to fit each project using a collaborative, friendly style to deliver solutions our clients can stand behind.
Our supportive culture recognizes and strives to fulfill collective client, company, and individual needs. Mentoring and building skills of staff is a priority. Frequent interaction among staff is encouraged, company leadership is easily accessible, and opportunities are provided for staff to help shape the firm's future through strategic planning. Work/life balance is supported through a flexible, hybrid work schedule that brings team members together in the office at least two days a week and connects them virtually when working from home.
Since our beginning, our firm has been 100% employee owned. This cultivates an ownership mindset that benefits our work approach, collaborative culture, and ability to deliver client solutions. We believe employee ownership drives the sustainability and growth of our firm and provides all our employees with opportunities for financial success.
What We Offer:
Our excellent salary and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, education reimbursement, 401(k), performance bonuses, and an employee stock program.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in a friendly environment, please apply to this job role!