Currently working with a client of mine who is looking to add an experienced Mid-Level Hydraulic Design Engineer to join our team in the Columbia, SC office.
Their Hydrological and Hydraulic Services cover: roadway drainage plans, bridge hydraulic analysis, storm sewer design, ditch design, culvert analysis, pond design, energy dissipation design, FEMA analysis, flood control modeling, scour analysis, riverine analysis for multidimensional flow, erosion and sediment control, NPDES permitting and stormwater management. This position will work closely working alongside the Project Managers in the completion of drainage aspects of traditional design-big-build and alternative delivery infrastructure projects. Responsibilities will include hydrologic & hydraulic modeling, scour analysis, highway drainage design, and stormwater management while complying with local, State DOT, and DHEC requirements.
- Perform drainage design on highway and bridge construction projects
- Review documents and design work for compliance with plans and specifications
- Perform engineering calculations and develop hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Prepare designs to include state stormwater management plan requirements
- Assit in mentoring younger engineers in H&H
- Participate in field investigations, some travel may be required in the Southeast Education and Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering/Environmental Engineering
- PE required
- 8 - 15 years of water resources experience in the infrastructure industry
- Experience in the fields of hydrology and hydraulics required
- Prior experience with SCDOT hydraulic design a plus
- Experience with computer programs such as MicroStation, GEOPAK Drainage, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, TR-20, FHWA Hydraulics Toolbox, HY8, etc. or similar type programs required