A fast growing civil engineering consultancy is seeking an ambitious and talented professional to join their water resources service team in Fort Worth, Texas as a Project Manager. This is an opportunity to join their highly experienced and dynamic team dedicated to providing high-level professional services to their clients.
The ideal candidate will have eight-plus (8+) years of diverse hydrologic and hydraulic stormwater modeling, drainage facility design, and project management experience supporting private and public sector projects. This position is responsible for complex engineering design tasks as well as marketing, business development, client contact and growth of a drainage design team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the design and delivery of projects in a profitable manner
- Oversee the technical aspects of various projects
- Supervise the work of engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project Develop project work plans and budget projections and effectively deploy resources
- Review and interpret business metrics including utilization, backlog, work in process and account receivables
- Prepare, maintain and coordinate schedules of multiple concurrent projects
- Develop and track milestones to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery
- Complete monthly project accounting and invoicing
- Implement and maintain QA/QC procedures
- Participate in contract bidding, provide limited observation during construction, review submittals and RFIs Resolve design conflicts and field construction issues
- Represent clients and firm in meetings with governmental agencies
- Write proposals and participate and/or lead interviews
- Grow, mentor and train staff
- Build relationships internally and externally with clients and strategic partners
- Lead business development activities
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Ensures division, regional, and company values, policies and practices are consistently followed within the service. Lead by example - display solid judgement, good values, trust, honesty, openness, and professionalism
- Understanding of alternative delivery methods
- Extensive knowledge of various stormwater modeling software, drainage facility design and other related design element
- Knowledge and experience with the full drainage project life cycle from preliminary studies through final design
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Civil Engineer (PE) in Texas (or capable of obtaining within 6 months)
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the Water Resources Service and stormwater modeling/design
This position requires travel to project sites.
Interested applicants, please 'Apply Now' with your CV/Resume and we will be in touch with you shortly. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any friends who might be keen or suitable, please feel free to share this opportunity with them or simply get them to contact our consultants.