Engineering Manager - Water and Wastewater *Hybrid Columbus, OH*
As an employee-owned company, we put our people at the centre of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity's biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
We allow you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity's biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life.
You will own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
The Engineering Manager for Water & Wastewater will function in a mid-level engineering manager capacity. You will manage execution of the engineering component of multiple traditional, design-build, design-bid-build, and collaborative delivery projects including advanced treatment facilities, underground conveyance, and carbon-neutral solutions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver high-profile projects for major municipal clients in Columbus, OH
- Lead a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians to produce deliverables for diverse and challenging projects
- Supervise and mentor engineering staff and identify developmental growth opportunities
- Assist with developing new business for major municipal clients in Columbus, OH
- Manage budgets, scheduling, and correspondence with clients and project management in support of a project
Our Governments & Environment business works to provide innovative solutions and integrated planning, design and construction support for mission-critical facilities, as well as threat reduction and environmental services support worldwide. By joining our business, you will be able to provide infrastructure for community benefit through regulated utilities and government agencies.
The Engineering Management team is ranked in the top 10 by ENR for Water Design Firms in Water Supply, Sewer Waste, and other water-related rankings. We partner with our clients to align people, processes, technologies, and data analytics in the face of industry transformation. We help customers leverage our industry-leading solutions and expertise to modernize water infrastructure, optimize asset use, meet performance goals, reduce costs, and mitigate risk no matter where the water industry goes next.
- Provide technical leadership for complex water and wastewater treatment projects and, under direction of the project manager, interface directly with clients on all technical aspects of the project
- Support the Project Manager in execution of project scope, schedule, and budget
- Attend, assist and/or lead client, contractor, stakeholder, and regulatory agency meetings to gain a better understanding of client's goals, site assessments, and vendor/equipment supplier contacts and coordination
- Technically mentor junior engineering staff
- Assists with identifying, communicates, and develops approaches to accommodate key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects
- Supports business development and pursuit activities through writing of technical approaches, scopes of work, and presentations to clients
- Ohio PE license
- Previous engineering consulting experience
- Experience executing multi-discipline WWTP upgrades and expansion projects
- Experience as an Engineering Manager in the water and/or wastewater field
- Experience and ability to support proposals with technical ideas and approaches
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.