Our client is seeking a hands-on Water/Wastewater Practice Builder based in their Lisle, IL office. The Practice Builder will help develop a vision for growth for the local water practice and beyond. This individual will also lead business development efforts and manage relationships with key clients. Leadership responsibilities include: business planning and strategy, building and maintaining positive client relationships, and open communication with partners and team while growing and directing a utilities practice. The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and production support will be provided. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance based work environment and can advance to ownership.
Leadership responsibilities include:
* Operating with integrity and sound business principals
* Providing practice vision, business planning and strategy, establishing goals
* Building and maintaining positive client relationships
* Open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing a water practice.
Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Establishing and cultivating client relationships
* Making presentations
* Writing proposals and scope of work
* Establishing budgets
* Ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables, and supervising the execution of work.
The ideal background:
* 12 years of experience in civil engineering and design with at least 5 directly managing utility water projects in the area.
* Client contacts and relationships with local municipalities, area counties, water management authorities and local, regional, state agencies
* Experience writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work.
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to manage & mentor staff, and direct resources effectively in a positive manner.
* Demonstrated ability to manage water/wastewater/H&H projects profitably