Tier 1 client looking for a Water/Wastewater Engineer with minimum of 6 years experience to support and grow the local Albany Office.
We are looking for dedicated, creative, and energetic candidates interested in tackling challenges and developing sustainable solutions to address water issues like quality, scarcity, reuse, management, and resilience.
Collaborating with other experienced Water Professionals, you will support, drive, and manage development of projects, interact, and work directly with clients, and develop your technical and project management capabilities.
Opportunities and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manage tasks/projects and clients' expectations for the planning, design and construction of Water/Wastewater treatment plants, storm water systems, distribution/collection systems, and/or pump/lift stations as well as creating construction documents, specifications, and handling construction oversight/administration.
* Work directly with clients to determine needs, develop the right strategies, and provide solutions, and then manage the client's expectations throughout the project lifecycle to achieve the desired benefits and outcomes.
* Lead the planning, management, execution, and delivery of engineering projects.
* Serve along side the Project Manager for projects of different levels of complexity and size.
* Supervise and support the work of others.
* Mentor/coach junior staff
* Develop scopes of work and budgets.
* Support account teams in identifying, tracking, and positioning for opportunities.
* Develop relationships and/or provide guidance on teaming partners for pursuits.
* Lead the pursuit capture planning for significant opportunities.
* Lead teams in the preparation of winning proposals and interviews.
* Project leadership (Task Manager, Design Lead or Technical Lead) experience on W/WW projects of various sizes
* Project Management experience on projects of various sizes
* Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about technical challenges.
* Experience preparing, reviewing, and approving design reports, project drawings, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
* Client relationship skills; including preparation and development of proposals and managing client expectations, developing and then leading presentations, with a successful track record of delivering various engineering projects to the expectations of the client.
* Active participation in regional and/or national professional associations.
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
* Minimum 8 years of experience in engineering and consulting, primarily related to the municipal water market.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering
* Licensed Professional Engineer in New York or New Jersey, or ability to obtain licensure within six months of hire.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
* 10+ years of experience in engineering and consulting, primarily related to the municipal water market.
* Master of Science or Master of Engineering in related field
* Client facing experience with the ability to develop and execute projects.