As a Project Engineer/Manager specializing in Water/Wastewater, you'll contribute to the growth of water/wastewater services for diverse clients in manufacturing, mining, power, solid waste, and municipal sectors. This role focuses on managing projects related to water and wastewater systems, emphasizing physical/chemical and biological treatment plants. Responsibilities include overseeing ongoing projects with existing clients, guiding and mentoring junior staff on design considerations, plant layout, project integration, and regulatory compliance. The position also offers opportunities to broaden your expertise and engage in networking and client development activities.
- Execute engineering design tasks for intricate water/wastewater projects.
- Interpret treatability studies and formulate preliminary and final engineering designs.
- Prepare Process & Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Author Engineering Design Reports and Permit Applications.
- Develop efficient plant layouts, directing professionals in CADD, civil, architectural, electrical, mechanical, and structural disciplines for equipment selection and the creation of construction plans and project specifications.
- Demonstrate expertise in permitting and project approval requirements.
- Possess knowledge of mechanical, electrical, building systems, control, and instrumentation.
- Prepare operations and training manuals.
- Provide services during the construction/commissioning phase and routine facility operations.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control reviews on projects.
- Explore client management and business development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical, Environmental, or Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Arizona or eligibility to obtain an AZ license.
- Over 8 years of experience in water resources engineering.
- Background in engineering firms, water/wastewater treatment equipment, and treatment plant operation.
- Experience in mentoring and managing staff.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills, with a comprehensive understanding of task assignment, scheduling, budgeting, and resource optimization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient in phone and email communication, technical writing, and in-person interactions.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.