We have a current opportunity for a Water Treatment Technical Project Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Pittsburgh. For further information about this position please apply.
- Pittsburgh - Senior Water/Wastewater PE/PM - experienced in water treatment design - you can be a Project Manager or technically focused as there is scope to place you where you would like to be!
- Must have the technical desire still but can have the ability to lead projects.
- Opportunity to develop into a Subject Matter Expert, Senior Project Manager or Client Service Leader.
- Provide management of wastewater treatment study and design projects
- Provide management of sanitary sewer evaluation and master planning projects
- Provide oversight and quality control reviews for field data collection and analysis
- Provide oversight for projects involving hydraulic computer modeling
- Report preparation
- Ability to lead design of wastewater projects and provide quality control reviews
- Coordinate construction observation services
- Coach and mentor younger staff
- Assist in project pursuits and proposal preparation
- Assist in group scheduling and planning
- Often work on projects local to the region employees sit in as there are plenty of projects to get involved in - something that engineers enjoy is going to visit their site and employees often do this.
- Due to being a mid-sized firm there are lots of opportunities to work on varying size projects as you often win routine smaller projects but the larger projects too - plenty of scope and avoid repetition of doing the same type of projects over and over.
- Flexible work environment with 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH.
- Standard work hours of 9-4 but lots of flexibility around coming in earlier / leaving earlier so long as the 40 hours are in.
- Overtime isn't huge - happens when there's a deadline coming up but it isn't regular or too much. Employees at the Staff or Design Engineer level qualify for straight overtime.
- Employees PE / PM or above receive a year-end bonus which can range from 5-10% depending on their level - received in November.
- Under 10 years' experience = 3 weeks PTO and 1 week of sick leave but can group them together.
- Over 10 years' experience = 4 weeks PTO and 1 week of sick leave, same as above.
Growth & Development:
- Receive a sponsor / mentor directly to aid in the development of engineers.
- In the process of bringing in a Learning & Development Manager to help with situational leadership and leadership development - should have a full program in place this time next year to help get high performers into leadership roles.
- Leaders are available in office and on site to help support, be there to ask questions etc.
- Offer multiple paths - not pigeon-holed into being a PM if that isn't the desire. Engineers can grow into a Subject Matter Expert type role or client facing also.