Our client is a leading local developer in the Korean market, they are seeking a skilled and experienced Wind Project Manager with a specific focus on wind analysis to join our team in Seoul, Korea. As a Wind Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing wind energy projects with a strong emphasis on conducting comprehensive wind analysis. Your role will involve leading the project team, coordinating wind resource assessments, optimizing wind farm layouts, and ensuring the successful execution of wind energy projects.
- Project Management: Lead and manage wind energy projects across Korea, from initiation to completion, ensuring adherence to project schedules, budgets, and quality standards.
- Wind Resource Assessment: Conduct thorough wind resource assessments, using industry-standard methodologies and tools. Analyze wind data, meteorological conditions, and site characteristics to accurately determine the wind potential of project sites.
- Optimization of Wind Farm Layouts: Collaborate with engineering and design teams to optimize wind farm layouts based on wind analysis results. Maximize energy production by considering turbine positioning, wake effects, terrain, and other relevant factors in the local context.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Oversee the collection, management, and analysis of wind data specific to Seoul, including long-term measurements, remote sensing data, and meteorological data. Ensure data accuracy and reliability for robust wind resource assessments in the local area.
- Wind Data Modeling: Utilize advanced wind modeling tools and software to simulate wind flow patterns, turbulence, and energy production potential. Validate modeling results against actual data and refine models as needed within the local context.
- Technical Due Diligence: Conduct technical due diligence assessments for Onshore wind energy projects, evaluating the accuracy and reliability of wind resource assessments, wind farm layouts, and energy production estimates in the specific Korean context.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify and assess potential risks and challenges related to wind resource availability, wind farm design, and energy production in Korea. Develop and implement strategies to mitigate risks and optimize project outcomes within the local environment.
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with internal teams, external consultants, and project stakeholders in Seoul to ensure alignment and effective communication regarding wind analysis, project planning, and decision-making processes.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations on wind analysis findings, energy production estimates, and project progress specific to Seoul. Maintain accurate documentation and records throughout the project lifecycle.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated with the latest advancements in wind analysis methodologies, technologies, and industry best practices, specifically tailored to the Korean market. Drive continuous improvement in wind analysis processes, tools, and data management within the local setting
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, meteorology, renewable energy, or a related field. Advanced degree or relevant certifications are a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in wind energy project management, with a focus on wind analysis and wind resource assessment
- Strong knowledge of wind analysis methodologies, wind resource assessment techniques, and wind modeling tools specific to Seoul and the Korean market
- Proficiency in using wind analysis software and data processing tools
- Experience in optimizing wind farm layouts to maximize energy production and minimize wake effects within the Korean context
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret and analyze complex wind data within the local environment
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and guidelines for wind analysis and wind energy project development in Korea
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams, manage budgets, and meet project objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in Korean is required. English capabilities would be a plus
If you are passionate about renewable energy and have a proven track record in wind projects in Korea, we would love to connect with you