Vacancy open for a Project Manager / Due Diligence Professional to join our Building & Construction team in our Fairfax, VA office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Building Science Solutions.
The Project Manager / Due Diligence Professional will support the Building and Construction business by providing Property Condition Assessment and Construction Draw Review Inspection services, as well as building enclosure consulting and testing services. We're looking for an individual with approximately five or more years of active experience in the commercial industry.
What you will do:
* Property Condition Assessments (PCA) per ASTM E 2018-15
* Construction Draw Review Inspections
* Client/Project Management
* Conducts site visits/inspections
* Data compilation/organization and report preparation
What it takes to be successful in this role:
* 3 years' experience performing PCAs, preferred
* Architectural, Construction Management or Engineering Degree, preferred
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Microsoft Office experience a must (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Technical knowledge of commercial building systems
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter
* Ability to efficiently work on projects independently and in a team environment
* Must be detail-oriented
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
* Follow and enforce safety requirements and company policies.
* Ability to perform work from ladders, boom-lifts, scaffolds, roofs, etc.
* Ability to travel outside local area, depending on local work load and project locations
* Valid driver's license and reliable driving record (required)
* Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening
* Fluent in English for the safe and effective performance of the job.
* Bachelors/ Masters of Civil Engineering or relevant field
* Professional Liscenusre in relevant states
* Ability to perform roof/building envelope visual and/or moisture surveys
* Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and specifications
* Knowledge and/or certification of operation of infrared scanner
* Knowledge of ASTM & AAMA moisture intrusion testing procedures
* Phase I ESA experience
* Experience with Bluebeam, Quire and Google Maps/Google Earth
* RRO or RRC (IIBEC Acrediation)
If this role is not specifically in line with your experience, reach out to Jordan Burke on LinkedIn or call 2026186982 to explore other opportunities!