We have a current opportunity for a Civil Plan Check Engineer on a permanent basis with a well-established and national level firm. Based on experience, this role could be recoded to a Civil Plan Check Manager.
The position will be FULLY REMOTE, with the nearest office in Riverside county. The client would like this person to live in the Southern California region to be familiar with the area and potentially the clientele.
Responsibilities of the Civil Plan Check Engineer/Manager:
- Provides assistance to Group Leader for maintaining and developing new clients.
- Provides expertise and value to clients beyond the technical execution of project deliverables by recommending additional business solutions to meet current/future needs.
- May assist with changes in scope, addendums and change orders necessary to ensure financial performance against the contract is managed.
- Directs and reviews the work of junior staff, and ensures that the firm's quality control and quality assurance processes are followed.
- Helps to identify the time and resources needed to deliver the project and provides assistance building an effective team.
- Assists with client billing and ensuring the client is billed according to the contract schedule.
Qualifications for the Civil Plan Check Engineer/Manager:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in related engineering discipline.
- Professionally registered (P.E.) in California
- 5+ years of professional engineering design, plan review, and project administration experience, preferably in a public agency setting
- Business development competency.
- Team management experience
If you are interested in the Civil Plan Check Engineer/Manager role, please don't hesitate to apply and/or reach out for further details!