Company Summary: This company is an industry leader in the development, acquisition, and operation of renewable energy and storage. With an operating portfolio of 2.4+ GW and a substantial development pipeline, the company is one the nation's largest non-utility portfolios of renewables and energy storage. The company is dedicated to solving a critical challenge in the transformation of their energy systems: decarbonizing electricity supply while maintaining affordability, reliability and resilience.
Position Summary: The position will join a team focused on growing the business by identifying, pursuing and acquiring development projects and operating assets in North America. Working closely with the executive leadership team, this person will support origination activities, assessment of new markets, and corporate development efforts more broadly.
Location: Houston, TX (hybrid)
The responsibilities of the Corporate Development Associate include:
- Design, develop and maintain models and internal investment materials for M&A transactions and corporate development activities
- Support due diligence activities, including working with third-party specialists, advisors and internal stakeholders and interfacing with senior management to complete transactions
- Assist in evaluating greenfield development projects
- Actively communicate and present marketing intelligence and opportunities to internal stakeholders, including executive management
- Build a network and manage relationships with industry stakeholders (developers, private equity, industry peers, etc.)
- Evaluate and analyze market information, identify targets; develop outreach strategies to secure actionable transaction opportunities
- Developing and maintaining prospect target database
The Corporate Development Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of experience in finance, business development, or mergers and acquisitions (M&A), with a preference for candidates who possess knowledge of the energy industry.
- Experience in deal origination, with the ability to identify and support strategic opportunities.
- Proficiency in relationship development, building and nurturing key partnerships to facilitate successful transactions and collaborations.
- Hands-on experience in supporting commercial transactions, highlighting the ability to craft deals that align with business objectives and maximize value.
- Track record of actively participating in and contributing to M&A transactions, showcasing an understanding of due diligence, negotiation, and deal execution.
- Expertise in financial modeling, utilizing advanced tools to evaluate potential deals, assess risks, and forecast outcomes accurately.
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in applying!