This company is actively seeking skilled civil engineering leaders who are enthusiastic about becoming subject matter experts in residential, commercial, and industrial land development. In their organization, the Director plays a pivotal role in guiding and supervising a dynamic team engaged in a variety of projects with diverse scopes and intricacies. The work environment is adaptable and entrepreneurial, fostering a vibrant office culture within the nationwide presence.
The company is a prominent player in the consulting, engineering, and construction services sector, providing innovative solutions across the real estate and land development, renewable energy, and oil and gas industries. With a strong national footprint and an impressive portfolio of projects, the company remains a privately held entity. The passionate team of over 1,300 professionals operates across 40+ locations and continues to grow.
From a professional growth perspective, the organization focuses not only on advancing careers but also on nurturing the individual growth of each team member, fostering development beyond their specific expertise. Team members are empowered to elevate their skills to advocate status, applying experience with heightened engagement and passion. As a rapidly expanding entity, the focus lies in delivering top-notch service through the empowerment of exceptional professionals. Cultural fit is as crucial as the technical match, contributing to industry-leading low turnover rates. A genuine passion for the work, the team, and the organization is a non-negotiable. In return, the company offers more than just compensation and benefits - team members gain mentorship from industry luminaries.
The term "Team" encompasses more than just a word for the company; it embodies the essence of how they operate.
The company's achievements include being recognized as a "Best Places to Work" for seven consecutive years, achieving "Hot Firm Nationally" status, and securing various awards in 2021:
- Ranked #104 in ENR's Top 500 and featured in all regions
- Positioned as #7 among the top 100 firms in the US
- Oversees business operations for the team.
- Collaborates with Project Managers and Associate Directors to create an annual business plan presented to the Vice President.
- Defines department goals through team collaboration and management input.
- Manages business development activities and supports internal BD training.
- Nurture key client relationships.
- Foster future business growth and cultivates relationships with current and potential clients.
- Achieve financial targets, managing revenue goals, team utilization, invoice ratio, EM, and profitability.
- Supervise PM projects, including AR collections, project profitability, invoicing, and change order submissions.
- Manage risks through contract and proposal reviews, as well as licensing assessments.
- Oversee invoicing and subcontractor management as required.
- Ensure adherence to company and service sector standards.
- Implement and optimizes company templates.
- Maintain operational excellence and a streamlined deliverables process.
Communication and Staff Development:
- Uphold an Open Door Policy.
- Disseminate company objectives, reports, and data.
- Foster employee growth through performance management and training initiatives.
- Mentor staff on industry, project, and process knowledge.
- Direct and supervises team members, including recruitment, hiring, training, reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on requisitions, recruitment, and onboarding.
- Develop and maintain a regional organizational structure.
- Support national talent acquisition efforts through interviewing and hiring key talent.
- Take responsibility for onboarding and communicating performance issues to HR.
Health & Safety Oversight:
- Comprehend safety protocols and enforces adherence.
- Ensures safety considerations in project work and offers necessary support and training.
- Approves timesheets, PTO requests, expense reports, and corporate credit card expenses.
- Stays updated through workshops, professional publications, and industry participation.
- Fosters internal communication within project teams, market sectors, and across the organization.
- A Bachelor's Degree is a prerequisite.
- Advanced degrees like JD or MBA may be preferred.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) license is mandatory.
- Typically, a minimum of eleven (11) plus years of experience in civil engineering land development.
- Demonstrated leadership prowess in team management, talent development, and business development endeavors.