A leading independent power producer is looking to bring on an experienced Director of Corporate Land Acquisition to join their team. This company is focused on creating a system that benefits farmers, communities, and the natural world through agrivoltaics as they value being a good neighbor and a trusted energy solutions partner.
The Director of Corporate Land Acquisition will be responsible for…
- Maintaining existing and developing new relationships with large, corporate landowners in the U.S.- this could include agricultural and forestry investment managers, industrial timberland owners, REITS, etc.
- Negotiating and acquiring new corporate lands for solar sites.
- Communicating frequently with clients about the progress of solar projects and engaging the land and Development teams to provide more in-depth details.
- Working closely with the GIS and Transmission teams on initial site assessments.
- Managing 3rd party relationships with attorneys, foresters, and consultants.
- Responding to large landowner solar RFPs and working with the team to submit strong proposals.
- Traveling up to 25% of the time.
The Candidate must have…
- A Familiarity with forest management and US timber markets, renewable development, and US power markets.
- The ability to lead and provide input on projects from a variety of angles.
- Demonstrated communication and technical skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and the flexibility to shift priorities on the go.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, business, or forestry - master's degree is preferred.
- 5 + years professional forestry experience, site/easement acquisition experience
- At least 2 years of utility-scale site acquisition or similar role (more preferred).
- Experience in the energy industry, specifically utility scale solar, preferred.
- Familiarity with surface and mineral ownership principles.
- A strong understanding of real estate contract terms and conditions.
- Comfort with the various elements and phases of the solar project development process.
- Experience with the use of CRM and tracking software.
- medical, dental, vision.
- health savings account.
- flexible spending account
- company-paid life insurance and short-term disability, voluntary life, and long-term disability.
- paid parental leave.
- a retirement plan with matching.
- Full-time position with a competitive compensation package, including bonus.
*Remote working is acceptable for this role. Position may require periodic trips to Richmond for team meetings or site visits to support engineering and development activities. *