Summary: An industry leading IPP, is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join their growing development team as Director of Project Development. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the project development lifecycle related to distributed solar and storage projects including planning, permitting, development and execution. The ideal individual will be both an individual contributor as well as managing a team, and sit hybrid in their Chicago, IL office.
The Director of Development will be responsible for:
- Direct and manage a team focused on Distributed Solar and Storage projects through land acquisitions, environmental studies, permitting, interconnection, real estate, and design activities.
- Oversee land acquisition activities with greenfield land team to ensure a successful hand off.
- Maintain relationships with customers, landowners, as well as local, state, and federal stakeholders as needed.
- Ensure projects are progressing on schedule and within budget.
The Director of Development should have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience in renewable energy project development (ideally 10+ years).
- Proven track record of taking DG/C&I solar projects through financing.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Engineering, Business, Environmental Sciences, Economics, or related field is preferred.
- Willingness travel up 25% time per year.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your application today!