Title: Director of Sustainability
Boston, MA or other
Summary: Our client is a full-service planning, architectural and interior design firm working with public and private sector clients nationwide. With this role, the firm is seeking someone who is passionate about architecture and sustainability. This role would involve being a senior leadership team member of the firm. The individual will leverage knowledge and expertise to lead the firm's in-house Sustainability Working Group and provide sustainability leadership across all offices.
- Facilitating education and adoption of sustainability design best practices; support project teams in developing appropriate sustainability strategies and methodologies to achieve goals; enable and support post occupancy evaluations and lessons learned.
- Establish firm-wide standards and processes related to sustainability.
- Collaborate with teams to plan and incorporate sustainability approach for all projects that use metrics such as EUI to track performance projects.
- Enable in-house analysis of thermal performance, daylight/sunlight, embodied carbon, etc.
- Serve as a sustainability consultant to project teams while also managing the project sustainability certification process.
- Coordinate training and mentorship on sustainability levels to all staff.
- Speaking at events on behalf of the firm.
- Building on and updating the firm-wide Sustainability Action Plain
- Collaborating with project teams on individualized sustainability projects
- Traveling to and from the seven domestic offices; about 25%.
- 10+ years of professional experience in architecture or sustainable design practices.
- Well organized individual with strong communication skills, coordination, and management capabilities.
- Direct experience building and leading a team and team initiatives.
- Previous understanding of industry processes and software being used to develop and analyze building energy and thermal performance.
- Experience in presenting and writing on the topic of sustainability.
- Strong capabilities in developing sustainable design strategies that balance project parameters and help clients achieve their goals; has experience troubleshooting project needs and value engineering process.
- Strong knowledge of energy codes, technical interventions to upgrade existing buildings, and energy efficient construction.
- Understanding and analysis of carbon emissions (including CO2 equivalents) and embodied carbon.
- 4-year degree required, Master level degree preferred in Architecture, Engineering, or related field.
- Licensed Architect/Engineer/Building Scientist preferred.
- LEED specialty accreditation required with additional accreditations preferred (WELL, LBL, etc).
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe Suite, and Sketchup; Cove Tool and Auto Desk is a plus.
What We Offer:
- Exciting and Rewarding Work
- Pay for Performance Philosophy
- Highly competitive benefits
- Hybrid work model