As the position holder, you will be responsible for overseeing renewable energy projects in South East Asia and Taiwan for the company. Your role includes providing leadership to regional teams, ensuring timely and budget-conscious project completion, managing risks and finances, and upholding environmental, social, and governance (ESG) standards.
Key responsibilities involve achieving project development, project management, and construction milestones, as well as overseeing project heads in the region. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), you will collaborate closely with various departments, including business development, investment, engineering, supply chain, finance, legal, and asset management teams.
- Supervising project development, project management, and construction activities for the company in South East Asia and Taiwan.
- Holding a position in the Senior Management team.
- Leading the project development, project management, and construction team members or country organizations if no Head is present in SEA or Taiwan.
- Managing and progressing the project pipeline until commercial operation.
- Ensuring compliance with time, cost, quality, and WHSE (Work, Health, Safety, and Environment) guidelines and other policies.
- Prioritizing safety for all team members, contractors, stakeholders, and individuals involved in the projects.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with project development, management, and construction.
- Regularly reporting project progress to management, investment committees, and shareholders.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and project teams to address issues and implement solutions.
- Developing and refining standards to support successful business development, project development, and investments, including managing service providers and contractors.
- Establishing a robust project organization to provide expert insights on development, project management, and construction aspects.
- Setting priorities for teams based on portfolio management and reporting improvement areas or concerns to the leadership team.
- Preparing project-specific elements for internal approval during development and construction phases.
- Defining key parameters and inputs for EPC or construction contracts, ensuring legal, technical, and commercial reviews are conducted.
- Ensuring compliance with health, safety, environmental, and social policies on construction sites.
- Controlling and reporting construction budgets, timelines, and quality against baseline programs.
- Collaborating with the Head of WHSE on all health, safety, environment, and social compliance matters.
- Providing input to purchasing for project development, management, and construction requirements.
- Ensuring organizational effectiveness through personnel management, recruitment, training, and performance appraisals.
- Demonstrating a proven track record in developing and constructing energy or infrastructure projects in South East Asia or Asia Pacific at a senior level.
- Exhibiting technical and commercial acumen in managing agreements and relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Having experience in the renewable energy industry, preferably with expertise in wind, solar, or battery projects.
- Working experience in an international organization with investment and construction management exposure is desirable.
- Being proactive, self-motivated, and a team player with a successful track record.
- Possessing excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities.
- Language proficiency: Excellent in spoken and written English, with fluency in Mandarin, Bahasa Malaysia/Bahasa Indonesia, or another South East Asian language considered a strong plus.
- Willingness to extensively travel within South East Asia and Taiwan.