A leading solar energy firm is seeking a full-time Director of Site Origination to join their team in Washington, DC. This individual will be responsible for securing site control for the Utility Scale Development team. This is a great opportunity for an individual interested in building out a strong land origination team and growing at a cutting-edge company with development and operations in targeted markets.
The Director of Site Origination will be responsible for...
- Creating Site Origination Campaigns and Identifying siting areas to pursue.
- Managing a group of Land Agents and their ongoing campaigns in multiple markets.
- Implementing site origination initiatives in multiple markets to achieve the company's KPIs through direct mailings, digital outreach, and direct solicitation via phone calls.
- Managing internal and external resources to acquire qualified sites and hand off to Site Optimization team when site control is completed.
- Visiting landowners and land sites as needed to assist staff in closing deals.
- Coordinating and implement training for new staff members.
- Maintaining data, reports, documents, and communication related to all site initiatives.
- Overseeing and approving all new leases to ensure compliance with the company's internal processes and goals.
- Utilizing and evolving company tools: Smartsheet, Radian Generation, Salesforce, Anderson Optimization, etc.
- Understanding utility and state-specific policies, community engagement strategies in numerous markets to lead strategic land acquisition efforts...
The Qualifications for the role include...
- Five or more years of experience in land acquisition.
- The ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or other major related area. Master of Business Administration is preferred.
- Supplemental education or certifications in real estate, title, and/or solar energy is preferred.
- Experience with mapping systems such as Anderson Optimization is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and help develop high performing teams.
- Understanding of comprehensive solar development lifecycle.
- Proven experience and proficiency with leases, deeds, recording documents, LLC structures, trusts and other respective real estate documentation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, identify risks, and alert the company of any opportunities or challenges arising during an initiative.
Location: Washington DC, United States