A multi-disciplined firm is seeking a dedicated and experienced Drainage/Hydraulic Engineer for their Atlanta office. As a Drainage/Hydraulic Engineer you will contribute to projects that will include drainage/hydraulic and bridge concepts and participate in client-focused activities and take on leadership and client-oriented tasks.
- This is an excellent opportunity to participate in client-focused activities and take on leadership and client-oriented tasks.
- Providing technical services for the design of transportation projects including urban and rural highways and roads.
- Helping to grow the department by participating in marketing demonstrations and project pursuits.
- Will work with a Project Manager leading task teams designing roadway drainage elements of roadway design projects.
- Acting independently on technical matters.
- Acting as a mentor for junior-level employees.
- Directing the work of engineers and technicians.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment, closely coordinating with team members
- Experience working with GDOT.
- Experience with roadway drainage design, including ditches, small pipe culverts, storm sewer systems, outfall analysis, and drainage investigations
- Experience with bridge and/or culvert design over streams using the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) design guidelines, such as Hydraulic Design Series 5, 7, etc.
- Experience using Microstation CADD and Geopak Drainage Software, HY8, HECRAS, HEC1 or HECHMS, ARCGIS