My client is inviting applications for the position of Environmental Project Engineer at the 5-10 years experience level. We are seeking an Environmental Engineer with a background in the environmental consulting field to join our office in northern California. This role presents opportunities for involvement in varied projects related to remediation and hydrology design, with the potential for advancement to lead our engineering team in Northern California.
As a Project Engineer, you will engage in a diverse range of projects spanning from site investigations to regulatory compliance tasks, feasibility studies, and the design and/or implementation of remedial measures. Operating in an environment that encourages creativity, collaboration across all levels, a supportive culture, and professional development, you will play a pivotal role in our team.
- Project Management
- Preparation of Work Plans
- Execution of site investigation activities, encompassing soil, groundwater, indoor air (VI), soil gas, and stormwater sampling
- Conducting remedial evaluations, overseeing the operation and maintenance of remedial systems, and troubleshooting
- Offering environmental compliance support to senior regulatory specialists, involving data collection for permitting and/or registration, data analysis, regulatory compliance assessment, and evaluation
- Leading the development of technical reports
- Documenting field activities and compiling comprehensive reports
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil, Chemical, or a related engineering field
- Preferred Professional Engineer (PE) status, or the ability to obtain a PE license in CA
- 5-8 years of experience in environmental engineering
- HAZWOPER training and certification
- Familiarity with RCRA and CERCLA processes (RI/FS, RD/RA, ROD) and associated documentation
- Previous experience in environmental investigation and remediation
- Proficiency in designing various remedial technologies
- Understanding of Federal facility policies, procedures, and regulations
- Competence in Microsoft program products
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to undertake overnight travel as needed
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated and experienced Environmental Engineer with a California PE looking to contribute to meaningful remediation projects, we invite you to apply.