Our client is a multidisciplinary Construction Consulting firm who is looking for a Forensic Architect to join their team in Las Vegas, Nevada. The ideal candidate will have experience in performing forensic investigations of building envelope failures relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures.
The Forensic Architect will be responsible for:
- Conducting forensic investigations of building envelope failures relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures
- Preparing detailed reports of findings and recommendations
- Providing expert testimony in legal proceedings
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Managing projects from inception to completion
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's in Architecture from an NAAB-accredited program.
- State of Nevada Architect's license through NCARB's ARE examination, with potential for multiple state registrations.
- Minimum 10 years of architectural experience with a focus on building construction.
- Experience in property loss and construction defects is a plus.
- Proficiency in national building codes (IBC, IRC, IEBC, etc.).
- Understanding of heat, air, and moisture control in building enclosures.
- Familiarity with performance and testing requirements for building enclosures.
- Expertise in façade components, particularly at interfaces.
- Knowledge of material selection for long-term durability in building enclosures.
- Field experience, including ladder use, roof access, and steep-slope roofing (up to 6:12).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in litigation support, including expert testimony, is advantageous.
- Designations like Registered Roof Observer (RRO) and Registered Roof Consultant (RRC) are beneficial.
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity, please don't hesitate to apply!