We have a current opportunity for a Foundation Package Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Taipei City, Taiwan. For further information about this position please apply.
As a Foundation Package Manager, you will coordinate/manage the design, planning, tendering, identification of potential suppliers/installers and contracting. You will be responsible for delivery of the Foundations Package of the projects by working as a part of the Offshore team to ensure that the contract execution, design, manufacture, and delivery of all Foundation infrastructure is managed efficiently, safely and within budget.
You shall take full responsibility for the management of the contractors and supplier performance through active engagement and establishment of clear scope and deliverables, program/schedules and suitable KPIs fostering innovative and novel concepts to ensure improved lean philosophy, health, safety, and quality standards. You will be working in tandem with the Project Control team for all procurement, tendering and contracting aspects ensuring the scope s executed well within budget.
- Develop the package / scope strategy for the safe and efficient execution of Foundation works considering design and delivery interfaces, supply chain capabilities and budget constraints
- Establish and maintain a market intelligence overview of the relevant supply chain and ensure a good working relationship with contractors and suppliers
- Lead the design, specification, and installation of the Turbine Foundations, including assessment of design options, development of optimal (design to build) Foundation design approach to maximize availability and lifetime
- Manage procurement, tendering and contracting of the applicable scope of works contracts including preparation and development of RFI and RFP suite of documents
- Ensure effective management of design and manufacturing contracts bringing best value and technical solutions on Foundations
- Ensure that interface management is firmly in focus in respect of alignment of design/manufacture/T&I contracts for Foundations
- Manage budget, contingencies, and commercial risks to ensure completion well within the budget frame
- Provide key input into contract reviews identifying risks and opportunities, enhancements, termination, or renegotiation options
- Coordinate with other scope packages facilitating cross package / organizational optimization and interface alignment.
- Manage the interface between the interfacing scope packages and provide solutions for mitigation of any impacts
- Manage the planning / scheduling of the scope from concept to completion in close collaboration with the Planner
- Ensure works are designed, planned, and executed to Project and Industry Standards
- Provide both technical and commercial input into all aspects of the Foundation contracts, including assistance on contract strategy and specification of installation vessel(s) and subsea operations relating to foundation assembly and installation
- Provide leadership and direction in the delivery of the Foundations contracts ensuring that liabilities and interfaces are appropriately identified and processes to manage these are in place
- Manage the Foundations tender evaluation, factory audits/quality processes and any acceptance testing and provide technical support/ supervision during Foundation installation, jointing, testing, and commissioning
- Implement a strong project health, safety, environmental and quality culture expanding to the contractors and suppliers
- Extensive experience managing large scale and complex projects from a relevant industry such as wind power, power generation, oil & gas or similar.
- Solution focused approach to challenges and a solid business acumen
- Solid commercial understanding and business acumen
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Excellent team management skills
- Knowledge of MS Office systems
- Confident presenter
If interested, don't hesitate to apply!