Company Overview: We are partnered with a leading national multidisciplinary engineering firm committed to delivering innovative and sustainable solutions. With a diverse portfolio of projects spanning various industries, they pride themselves on excellence in engineering, client satisfaction, and fostering a collaborative work environment. As they continue to expand their operations, they are seeking a dynamic and experienced Geotechnical Department Manager to join the team in Dallas, TX.
Position Overview: As the Geotechnical Department Manager, you will play a key role in leading the geotechnical engineering team, overseeing projects, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to clients. You will be responsible for managing the geotechnical department's operations, providing technical leadership, and contributing to the growth and success of the firm.
- Leadership: Lead and mentor a team of geotechnical engineers and technicians, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Project Management: Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of geotechnical projects, ensuring they meet client expectations, regulatory requirements, and industry standards.
- Technical Expertise: Provide technical guidance and expertise in geotechnical engineering, including foundation design, slope stability analysis, earth retention systems, and ground improvement techniques.
- Client Management: Cultivate and maintain strong client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction and identifying opportunities for business development.
- Quality Control: Implement and maintain rigorous quality control processes to ensure the accuracy and reliability of geotechnical deliverables.
- Budget and Resource Management: Effectively manage department budgets, allocate resources efficiently, and contribute to the financial success of the geotechnical department.
- Business Development: Identify and pursue new business opportunities, prepare proposals, and participate in client presentations to secure projects and contracts.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotechnical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering, with at least 5 years in a leadership or management role.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering geotechnical projects.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams and clients.
- Business development experience and a successful track record in client acquisition.