An industry-leading data center operator is looking for a Facilities Manager
The firm designs and operates data centers worldwide, catering to prominent hyperscalers, cloud providers, and major enterprises. With a presence in North America, EMEA, and Asia Pacific, they have revolutionized data center design to enhance reliability, efficiency, and sustainability. Their flexible environments can rapidly scale to meet market requirements, providing the power, cooling, protection, and connectivity needed for cutting-edge technology.
Critical Facilities Engineers form an integral part of the Critical Facility Engineering team, essential for maintaining the overall health of our data center infrastructure systems. Their role is pivotal in delivering top-notch data center services to our customers. Operating as part of the daily operations these engineers oversee critical electrical and mechanical infrastructure, possessing specialized knowledge in managing mission-critical facilities. Responsibilities encompass facility maintenance, capacity management, performance optimization, and swift response and repair in the event of unforeseen incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Hold a certified Local Government registration for electrical switching and/or mechanical services operations
- 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering and maintenance supervision
- 3+ years of management experience with a team of five or more
- Proven track record in providing exceptional internal and external customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and other office applications
- Ability to navigate building automation systems (BMS/CMMS) and proficiency in design and technical documentation applications (AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Procore)
- Lead by example and promote process enhancement
- Adept at prioritization in a complex, fast-paced environment, consistently delivering results
- Demonstrate assertiveness, commitment, and the ability to independently and efficiently manage multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, evidenced by report writing, attention to detail, and complex organizational abilities
- Elevate quality standards by ensuring the team excels in planning, preparing, executing, and reporting maintenance tasks
- Assure that the Critical Facilities team maintains a reliable infrastructure, emphasizing energy efficiency, service continuity, and fiscal considerations.
- Guarantee that the Critical Facilities team employs monitoring systems and conducts regular site inspections for continuous site surveillance
- Oversee Critical Facilities team workflow/work orders, training schedules, event coordination, customer engagement, hiring procedures, and performance management
- Offer guidance to the team on intricate maintenance aspects, encompassing critical document creation, testing strategies, reserve methods, capital planning, end-of-life replacement, and expansion of existing facilities. All of this while minimizing risk to customers and their operations.
- Supervise and execute daily engineering and operational functions at the facility, ensuring the secure and effective functioning of equipment.
- Establish and ensure the availability of emergency standby duty for 24/7 operation of the mission-critical data center.
- Verify that all physical processes and actions carried out by the team comply with work regulations and sanctioned procedures.
- Enforce adherence to VDC safety protocols and proper utilization of personal protective equipment (PPE) in all on-site activities.